It’s February! Here are the jobs you can be doing in your garden this month:-
– Trim winter flowering heathers as flowers fade;
– Cut back late summer and autumn flowering clematis to the lowest pair of strong buds;
– Sow bedding annual seeds (Begonia/Pelargonium);
– Prune winter-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering;
– Prune hardy evergreen hedges and renovate overgrown deciduous hedges before birds start nesting;
– Plant deciduous hedges by the end of the month;
– Prune existing roses and plant new rose plants;
– Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over the winter;
– Check tree ties and plant supports in your garden.
More advice on the RHS website.