Some gardening jobs to be getting on with in June:-
- Plant out annual summer bedding plants in the garden, in containers and hanging baskets now the risk of frost has passed. If you have them growing on in a greenhouse move them outside to their final position.
- Continue to thin out drifts of hardy annuals if they’re overcrowded.
- Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of bulbs including snowdrops and bluebells once the leaves start to turn yellow.
- Keep newly planted trees and shrubs well watered whilst they establish.
- Prune many spring-flowering shrubs once the flowers have died back.
- Cut lawns at least once a week.
- Hoe borders regularly to keep down weeds.