It’s June! Here are some gardening jobs you can be getting on with this month:-
– Plant out annual summer bedding plants in the garden, in containers and hanging baskets now the risk of frost has passed. If you have them growing on in a greenhouse move them outside to their final position.
– Continue to thin out drifts of hardy annuals if they’re overcrowded.
– Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of bulbs including snowdrops and bluebells once the leaves start to turn yellow.
– Keep newly planted trees and shrubs well watered whilst they establish.
– Prune many spring-flowering shrubs once the flowers have died back.
– Cut lawns at least once a week.
– Hoe borders regularly to keep down weeds.